Date Listed: April 03, 2021 (about 1 month ago)
Course Title: Analysis of Complex Samples Survey Data using Stata
Duration: 5 Days
Date: 15/11/2021 - 19/11/2021
Location: Vital Extra Learning Center, Nairobi, Kenya
Standard courses on statistical analysis assume that survey data arise from a simple random sample of the target population. Little attention is given to characteristics often associated with survey data, including missing data, unequal probabilities of selection, stratified multistage sample designs, and measurement errors. Most standard statistical procedures in software packages commonly used for data analysis do not allow the analyst to take these properties of survey data into account unless specialized survey procedures are used. Failure to do so can have an important impact on the results of all types of analyses, ranging from simple descriptive statistics to estimates of parameters of multivariate models. This course provides an introduction to specialized software procedures that have been developed for the analysis of complex sample survey data including testing for between-group differences in means and proportions, regression analysis, logistic regression and multilevel modeling. We will also consider the consequences of non-response and missing data on survey analysis and methods for dealing with missing data. Specialized procedures for survey data analysis using Stata software will be used to develop course examples and exercises.
By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
• Master useful techniques in survey estimation and inference for complex designs
• Implement a complex sample survey designs, estimation and inference
• Work comfortably with multi-stage designs, stratification, cluster sampling, weighting, item missing data, finite population corrections
• Models sampling error calculations
• Analyze complex samples data using a variety of regression models
• Execute advanced analysis techniques such as survival analysis/event history analysis, multiple imputation and multi-level modeling
Who should enroll?
This course is suitable for statistician, data analyst and scientist who want to learn how to analyze data complex samples data using Stata. Basic knowledge on data analysis using Stata is a requirement in this course.
Send an email to email@example.com to request a course training agenda
Why train with us
Vital Extra Learning guarantees our clients:
• State-of-the-art facilities and training infrastructure
• Extended tradition of hand-holding during post engagement
• Service delivery through highly seasoned industry experts.
• Value for money
Dec 12, 2021 - Dec 12, 2021
Vital Extra Learning Center,
Nov 11, 2021 - Nov 11, 2021
Vital Extra Learning Center, Nairobi, Kenya,
Jun 6, 2021 - Jun 6, 2021
Vital Extra Learning Center,
Get the latest events, event news, event tips and updates straight to your inbox. Sign up to our newsletter now.